GIG SCHEDULE

Friday 1 March 2013

The Vox Continental



The first keyboard I ever had was the famous Vox Continental. (notice the white and black keys) This is the keyboard used in the 60's by Paul Revere, The Doors, The Animals, Dave Clarke 5, Question Mark and the Mysterians (96 Tears), and Tim Hallman, etc. Sadly they were a little finicky. I attempted to repair one once, myself. I took off the cover and whilst working on it, I dropped my screwdriver into it. I then had to ship it from Waterloo to Winnipeg to have it repaired. In the lower picture, if you look really hard, you can see me on my Vox (L) and Don Pellow on his Farfisa.(R) I do not remember what became of my Vox but I remember my next one - the Wurlitzer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.