GIG SCHEDULE

Saturday 12 January 2019

You never know

One never knows how a name can completely change meaning because of 
changes in politics or other social conditions.
eg - there's a clothing store in Brockville called ISIS.

A song co-written by Ben and I in early 90's has new meaning....


The Wall (Hallman-Dolansky) 

1~As I looked out my window..
Tell you what I saw  
Something there in front of me 
Something big and tall 
Can you guess it? 
Can you tell me what I saw?  
It's part of you  It's part of me 
But we don't realize it at all. 
  2~People build them all the time 
Build them in our hearts 
Brick by brick we build them up  
Tearing’ us apart 
Can you guess it? 
Can you tell me what I saw? 
It's part of you... 
  Solo(s) 
3~We build them up.......... 
We can tear them down again 
Piece by piece.... 
So broken hearts can mend 
And when it comes down 
We'll be lovers 
we'll be friends (once again?) 
  4~....Let’s go and get a hammer! 
Tear down the wall that stands between us 
Piece by piece it's comin' on down 
.....Let's do it right now! 
....Take it right down  
.....Let's be lovers once again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.